2006/07/07

Couch to 5 k: Week 3 - Day 32: Milwaukee!

What a great day that started out poorly. I overslept, missing my morning run/walk! Slept through one workshop, got to the one I really wanted to attend a half hour late:-( But all happens for a reason, and I ran later today here in Milwaukee. Seems like a friendly, SAFE city, at least where I am, in the downtown.

And in my afternoon run/walk, I ventured out to a neighborhood I wouldn't have gone to at 6 am, all to discover...A WINE BAR WITH FREE WI-FI!!!

Is there any greater joy for a solo traveler? And one who has an "off" day of running tomorrow?

The proprietor, Guy (pronounced "Gee" the guy's a French-Canadian, how cool is that), chose a special wine to go with the humble grilled chicken sandwich (that I went elsewhere to bring back since this place's cafe was closed already).

I have found this little jewel in my travels, an experience I *never* would have had had I not become a "runner" recently. Man. This running thing opened up a door, a new experience to me today.

Back to the run, that I took earlier...
2 miles (with warm up & cool down walks)
27:00:00 (13:30:00/mile)

Had to stop at traffic lights since I was "big city" running. Loved every darn second of it, too.

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

You've convinced me that I have to try and run around downtown sometime for a new experience. What a great idea!

Mrs. Snark a dit…

Wow, another great reason to be a runner! It all sounds so FAB, to go for a run and discover a wine bar with a proprietor named Guy (Gee!) who picked out wine especially for you! Love it! And your enthusiasm for the day practically bubbles off the page! Great entry!

boatgirl a dit…

Congrats. I love getting "lost" in cities. That's how I find the neatest places. Glad you had a nice time.

Amy a dit…

I love that feeling of finding something that I never would have found if I hadn't have started running! Whether its something with me personally, or just something cool, it's always FUN!

Sounds like a great day!