I "ran" a Virtual 5 K this morning. Ok, "ran" may be a bit of a stretch, more like "ran/walked." It was hard.
It was cool, only 62 degrees, 90% humidity but it didn't feel like it, it was a beautiful Saturday morning.
Here's how it went down. I warmed up for about 3 min just walking on my block. Then I ran for 3 min, walked for 2; ran for 2 walked for 1:30; ran for 2 walked for 2: ran for 1 walked for 1, etc., and from then on, alternated running for 1-2 minutes with walking for between 1 and 2 minutes.
Aside: I don't know how people run for more than 2-3 minutes. Man. I just don't. (But then 2 weeks ago, I didn't know how people ran for more than ONE minute, so I guess I will get there, slowly--maybe by the end of summer)
I mean, a few weeks ago I chose this distance to strive for because it is the shortest one out there, because 5K races usually welcome walkers, too. And this morning, I concluded that 3.1 miles is a little far. I was tired. But proud that I did it in under 40 minutes, not too shabby for a [former] couch potato on her way to a 5 K.
Here are the stats:
C25K
W3D3
3.1 miles - 38:12 (which = approximately 12:20/mile)
I Leave You With This
Il y a 8 mois



4 commentaires:
Congratulations! I'm running a 5K in September and I'd love to run it in under 40 minutes. My best pace so far has been 13:22, so I'm hoping I can shave a minute off my time by then. It seems like too much right now, but like you said, getting it under 15 minutes was a huge accomplishment for me a couple weeks ago.
Hey There!
CONGRATS on your virtual 5K! You may not think that your results are any "big thing", but believe me, the fact that you got out there and did it is amazing.
I started running in 1999 -- I was over 40, over weight and have a little asthma. I was like you -- just amazed that people could actually run more than 1 minute at a time.
Little by little you DO get stronger and your endurance DOES increase and you discover that, YES, you DO have pace variation.
Give your self some time. But most of all, have some fun!
Hey -- Congrants on finishing your virtual 5K. Although you may not think it is a big thing, it is!
I started running in 1999 -- was over 40, overweight and have a little asthma. Like you, I could not believe that people could actually run more than 1 mintue at a time.
You are doing great and pretty soon you will be able to run those minutes away more easily AND you'll see that your endurance and pace will improve.
Keep up the good work and make sure to have some fun out there!
GREAT JOB! I'm right there with you -- as noob runners it's hard to imagine that we will ever get to the point that we will be able to run distances like everyone else does. BUT WE WILL! Look how far you've already come. I think actually sticking to it is the hard part -- remember everyone started somewhere!
Be proud of every run you do, no matter the pace or anything else! Just getting out there and DOING IT is a major accomplishment!
Keep it up
Enregistrer un commentaire