Repeating W3 of C25--Saturday's Virtual 5K was still difficult for me (not a nightmare, not impossible, just a little harder than I would like it to be), so I have decided to repeat W3 again this week, but to do W3 for TIME as opposed to DISTANCE.
As a reminder, W3 is: Run 90 sec (or 200 meters), walk 90 sec (or 200 meters); then run 3 min (or 400 meters), walk 3 min (or 400 meters). Repeat.
I concentrated on going slowly and lasting the whole 3 minutes, which I did. I had to add two more run then walk 90 sec sequences since I ended a little far from my starting point. I was not completely sucking wind, so I am glad I am repeating this week.
Stats:
C25K
W3D12 (really 4th week, repeating week 3)
28:30 = 12:57:16/mile
I head to the midwest on Wednesday on a job-related trip, so I'll do my normal workout Wed morning before heading to the airport, then I get to do my first jog in a new city Friday, exciting! It's cool that I keep reminding myself to put my running shoes & MP3 player on my packing list, makes me feel like a real runner:)
I Leave You With This
Il y a 8 mois



4 commentaires:
I'm betting I'll end up repeating week three, too. In fact, I may need to repeat W2 if W2D1 was any indication. We'll see.
It does feel good to think of oneself as a runner though! Planning for running on a trip! It's like being a whole new person, isn't it! :)
You are doing great. Have a great trip !
Hi! Running shoes take up room in the suitcase, but it's so nice to see a new city by running through it. I'd like to congratulate you for getting off the couch. I'm a former couch spud, now in my 50s and really regret how I let myself go in the 40s. But every time I reach a goal in my running, I feel a sense of accomplishment. So keep up the good work! Do you have a race your training for?
Hey:
You are doing really well! Good for you!
I agree with Dori (who is a running buddy of mine) about how nice it is to see a new city by running.
I pack my shoes full of other running stuff: sports bras; my watch; socks; hat; so they don't take up any additional space in my suitcase.
Looking forward to reading your post about your run in the new city!
Enregistrer un commentaire