...with a 1 mile fun run w/my son beforehand. I think I held him back, at the 1/2 mile mark, I told him to just go on, I knew my dh would be at the Finish, and so my 6 year old finished in around 10 min and I finished in around 11--he waited for me at the Finish line, too cute:-)
But wow, dumb move, running a mile and then running an 8K (especially not having run in 2 weeks)...in the first mile of the 8K the legs were already sore. I finished at the back of the pack, of course, 10 minutes slower than last year; I was thanking all the cops holding traffic and the water stop volunteers, the residents out in front of their houses going "C'mon, you're looking good" (when I was about 15 minutes behind the lead); I "Happy Thanksgiving-ed" everyone I saw...I was glad to just be out there again.
And my dh & kids shared it with me. So for being able to finish 6 miles, and for my family to be with me, well I am grateful on this Thanksgiving.
Peace to everyone and Happy Thanksgiving. Off for some extra turkey now that I burned about 800 calories YEAH!
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



7 commentaires:
Great job!!!!!!!! That is so awesome that you could do that with your son!! Congratulations!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!
You really earned that piece of pie.
Happy Thanksgiving! That's a perfectly executed race, I do believe. And you didn't do such a bad job yourself ;-)
Happy Thanksgiving
Happy Turkey Day Weekend!! Great Race with your son...and way to have a fun time during ur 8k...
I am a fellow Jerseyite...I grew up in Monmouth County. Moved out of Jersey to FL 4 years ago, ummm sorry to say Glad I got out of Jersey, I really had my fill and love the warm weather. I am coming up for Christmas to see Family and Friends though
Congrats again!
Now that's a way to run an 8k, having helped the son to his own victory and then exuding well wishes to all the volunteers along the way.
Great way to start the holiday. Congratulations to you and your son!
Are you still on track for the 2008 Disney half?
Enregistrer un commentaire