I'm in a bit of a running funk, especially now that it's getting cold. I am a person of extremes (really into it or really NOT into it); I guess you could say I'm not naturally self-motivated.
But I got home from work and found myself with about an hour of kid-less time, so I jumped on the dreadmill. The treadmill always seems so hard to me, I think ours is extra sloped upward, and I think there's extra friction between the belt and the floor of the tm. At least, that's what I tell myself, which does not make the workout any easier.
I did a bit more than a mile and called it quits after around 18 min (yes, that includes a 5 min warmup--can you see my Loser "L" I'm holding in front of my forehead?).
But I am glad I did it, if only for a mile.
And my goal of 400 miles for the year is still within reach, I have about 25 miles to go in the next 4.5 weeks. I *think* I can muster that...
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



6 commentaires:
So now I have the Funky Town song in my head. But yeah, I'm sure you can fit in those 25mi before the year is out.
Not a loser :-) 3-4 miles is about as much as I can take on the treadmill.
Just keep it fun for now and you will be back! I know it! :>)
I hear ya on the funk! You're not the only one! way to sneak a little in there on your "free" time!
You still rock. Nice effort. It takes awhile to get used to the treadmill.
Hey, it's better than sitting on the couch!! (at least that is always MY rationale!! ;)
You'll get back in the groove...
Enregistrer un commentaire