I feel so lame reporting on my "10 miler" today.
I had to break it into two parts. It got late on my morning long run, so at 6.29 miles, I had to head home to take the kids to their Saturday activities.
I felt GREAT at the end of the 6.29 and was irked (at myself) that I had started so late to make me have to cut the 10 miler short. But I resolved to "finish" the run when we got back a few hours later at the 2 year old's naptime.
And finish it I did. So here is how it happened.
Total: 10 miles, 2:08:57 (12:54/mile)
Long Run Part I: 7:15 am
6.29 miles
1:22:23 (13:05/mile)
Temp 39 Humidity: 93%
Long Run Part II: 1:00 pm
3.71 miles
46:34 (12:33/mile)
I am *sure* this is not as beneficial as one long Long Run, but I had two extremely decent runs (the longer of which was in 93% humidity and I felt FINE--again, hydrated a lot yesterday to prepare) and felt good after both of them. Like I could have gone on if I had to. Was glad I didn't have to, but could have, you know?
I'll try to do the mile breakdown anyway:
Long Run Part I: 7:15 am
Mile 1 - 13:13
Mile 2 - 13:41
Mile 3 - 13:37
Mile 4 - 13:46 (get the mantra started, Girl!!!!)
Mile 5 - 12:31 (potty break and Gu this mile, I knew I was going faster, God Bless Gu)
Mile 6 - 12:15
.29 of Mile 7 - 3:19 (11:29/mile)
Long Run Part II: 1:00 pm
Mile 8 - 12:31
Mile 9 - 12:25
Mile 10 - 12:46 (maybe I was starting to feel it here a little...)
.71 of Mile 7 - 8:50 (12:27/mile)
All in all, it was either split the long run or fail to finish it. And while success didn't happen quite as I would have liked today, failure was not an option, I was getting this run done.
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



7 commentaires:
Great job getting it done! Most people would have been happy to stop after the interruption but you did it! WOOHOO!!
I've heard that breaking the run up on the same day is OK. It's really hard getting motivated to get out there and do the second one. Wow! Way to go!!!
You had to do what you had to do. You got it done.
Nice job!
Hey, you got it done... didn't you?
Good for you!! Most people would have called it a day....way to get it done!
Yeah. At least you're doing it no matter what. Hope all is well. Hugs to you!
Enregistrer un commentaire