2007/09/16

Long run

Just posting this today, but I ran yesterday morning (woo hoo early on a Saturday).

7 miles
1:36:23 (13:46/mile)
Temp: 62 Humidity: 90% (UGH)

The humidity was again a factor for me. On this run, I focused on keeping my HR in Zone 3 (60-79% of max) for the first few miles, to be sure I would have enough in the tank for a decent LR. Was hoping to do 8 or 9, but due to time crunch, "settled" for 7 (I still can't believe I can write that I "settled" for running 7 miles, incredible:-)).

Mile 1 - 14:26
Mile 2 - 15:06 (the longest mile. Took a BR & H2O break and felt better)
Mile 3 - 14:38 (negative! )
Mile 4 - 14:04 (negative! finally started feeling decent on this mile)
Mile 5 - 13:14 (negative! was at the HS track, nice & cushy)
Mile 6 - 12:52 (negative! )
Mile 7 - 12:00 (negative! )

Yay. Philly HM is 9 weeks from today.

7 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

Hurrah! You continue to make great progress, and I really like your focus on negative splitting the run! It will make a difference later on :-)

J~Mom a dit…

Great run!!! I have the total inability to run negative splits like that! You rock!!

jeanne a dit…

so there are TWO philly half marathons?!?! I just read your note after posting about today's philly half! Well at least we didn't miss each other!

you are doing TERRIFIC!

Neese a dit…

VERY nice, pushing for negative splits is great!

Pokey a dit…

GREAT run!

MNFirefly a dit…

Awesome job!

Anonyme a dit…

Wow, I haven't checked in on you in a bit, and you are doing great!!

home rehab