2007/09/04

HH Intermdiate 5K - Week 8, Day 1 - First day of school

Murphy's Law rant: School starts today and my beloved coffee maker seems to have broken. So I put it out to pasture and bought a shiny new one last night. As I unpacked the shiny new one, the caraffe slipped and BROKE. AAAAHHHH. Brand new! How can I have no coffee the first day of school, hard enough to go back after two months off, but sans coffee?? That is double torture!

Ok, my short run at 6am this morning, not easy, prob due to the humidity, I'll chalk it up to that.
2. miles
25:14 (12:37/mile)
Temp: 64 Humidity: 87%

Off to teacher meetings and to make a zillion copies for the kiddo's first day tomorrow. Good thing is, this is my first day of my fourth year at this school, so at the end of the day, I will officially be a tenured teacher:-)

6 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

Well, as an endurance athlete, we have to improvise and get gourmet coffee from the coffee shop :-)

Do you know about Foamy the Squirell? If not, do a google search on him. He has a great coffee house skit that should make you laugh your booty off! LOL. It is rated PG-13 though!!!

Congrats on tenure!!

J~Mom a dit…

Hey, we just broke our coffee pot this week too!! How about that! Hope your first day went well!

Anne a dit…

Oh, you wouldn't have to worry out there. There's a Starbucks on every corner...and I mean EVERY corner. It would get you through the hump until you got a new NEW coffeemaker.

Anne a dit…

yikes, I meant worry out HERE.

teacherwoman a dit…

Ouch... no coffee on the first day.. yikes!

MNFirefly a dit…

I hope you had a great first day. Congrads on the tenure. Great run too!