I almost posted a quick note last night that would have gone something like this: "Am planning on doing at least 8 miles tomorrow: good weather, low temps, NO EXCUSES." Didn't get to post it last night, but NO EXCUSES was my motto last night & this morning and I just did it.
9.10 miles
2:09:55 (14:16/mile)
Temp: 49 Humidity: 90% (down to 72% by run's end)
I concentrated on keeping my HR low and felt good just about the whole run. I did not want to "race" this, I wanted to simply get in the mileage for the Philly HM--now just 7 weeks away! I was also taking it easy because it was the first time I've gone that distance in about 6 months. And I was ALSO taking it easy because I missed one of my midweek 3 milers this week and thought I might be rusty. So here's how it went down:
Mile 1 - 14:08
Mile 2 - 14:13 (potty and wardrobe change break--I way overdressed for 49 degrees)
Mile 3 - 14:36 (Miles 3.5-6.5 on HS track)
Mile 4 - 14:44 (CRUD--each mile is slower, TURN IT AROUND, GIRL!)
Mile 5 - 14:28 (tide is turning)
Mile 6 - 14:27
Mile 7 - 14:22 (H2O/potty break at hospital--only place open this early Sunday)
Mile 8 - 13:57
Mile 9 - 13:49 (yes, last 5 miles were negative).
I'm nearing the end of the Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer, a great read for me, and tried out their trick of using a running mantra and positive self-talk. The girl in the book said something like "I am strong, I am awesome, and I love to run"--so that's what I said. Over and over. A lot. Interestingly enough, I started repeating that in my head along with the rhythm of my footsteps around Mile 5--and now I see that, according to Garmin, that is about when my splits started getting negative. Maybe there is something to repeating a Running Mantra while you run.
I Leave You With This
Il y a 10 mois



10 commentaires:
9! very nice :)
Very nice effort!
Awesome...can I steal your mantra? It sounds like it did the trick.
Sounds like our races are about the same amount of time away, and I think you are much better prepared than I am! Way to go!
Nicely done! You are awesome! Send me an email and I'll get you an MP3 of me saying that over and over :-)
Looking good!!!!!!
I love your pep talk.... TURN IT AROUND, GIRL!
Seems to have worked! Negative splits the rest of the way! NICE JOB!
fantastic work! i love the mantra, i've got to try that. cuz the "i hate running" mantra isn't really doing me much good!
NO EXCUSES--I like that! Way to go on your negative splits. Mantras are magical things, aren't they? Among others, I use, "Fit and Strong, I run long."
Great job on the 9 miles!
Wow, Negative splits. I need to get that book!
Enregistrer un commentaire