2007/08/07

The Play Was the Thing

First ten performances of a theatrical play, then a week of play with the family at Disney World.

But after about 3 weeks without running, I'm back.

Here's what I finally mustered up tonight:
2 miles
25:00 (12:30/mile)

I kicked it into overdrive in the last 1/4 mile and actually hit a 8.6 minute mile for about two seconds, ha!

The spirit is moving me, I want to run a half. I want to run a half. Not sure if I should pick up where I left off--HH Intermediate 5K Week 3--jump to Week 6 where I would be had I been able to run in the last three weeks...or just bail on the 5K program and pick up a HM program.

The heart wants to just bail and start a HM program, but something about not finishing is not sitting right with me. So I'll see the 5K program through and maybe jump into a HM program later. There, glad I talked myself through that.

4 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

Show us! Lead us! Teach us the way! You are the running bomb! You rock, wanna be :-)

J~Mom a dit…

Woohoo!! She's back!!

teacherwoman a dit…

"SHE'S BACK!!!!!"

Welcome! And great job on the run!

MNFirefly a dit…

Welcome back! GO FOR IT!