But today's run, despite the humidity, was better. I started off slower and maintained that, and felt myself get faster the last mile, woo hoo (I can only go by how I felt since Garmin didn't feel like tracking my location tonight, grrrr). Kept my HR in Zone 3 the first 10 min, then let it into low Zone 4 for the next 20 min, final 10 min I let it get to Zone 5, I was trying to kick it into high gear at the end. I walked a good half mile home to cool down.
Here are the stats:
3.09 miles
39:41 (12:50/mile)
Temp: 76 Humid.: 80%
Going to the Shore this weekend, will not do the official 5k there, but there is a 5 mile race the following day on Long Beach Island I may try to convince my relatives to join me for...we shall see. I hope we can do some type of organized run while we're at the flat shore, for goodness sake!
ETA: Here is a photo of the first real hill I ever encountered in a run!



5 commentaires:
Nice job on the run...
Enjoy your weekend!
Wow, you were really kickin it to get the HR up into Zone 5! That's really cool you are using the Garmin to optimize your training!!
Have fun this weekend. Good luck with your 5 mile race. You know you're a runner when you try to convince friends to join you because it's "only" 5 miles. :-)
Wow, I don't even know how you run in 80% humidity!! That is just crazy! Great job on your run!
I know, I already regretted saying I didn't need a vacation. ;>) Should have snatched up that offer while it was on the table.
Awesome job!
Enregistrer un commentaire