2007/03/18

Snowy short one

Was supposed to go long today...I was not mentally up to it, I admit it. There are 7 inches of frozen snow on the ground, our whole town's sidewalks are not shoveled, and it is windy (gusts up to 28 today). I went around my block six times to get these three miles in, the neighbors must have thought I was bonkers, I know *I* did:-P

So here's what I mustered. I figure, I had my 10 mile triumph last weekend, this can be my cut back week and I'll keep building the mileage of my long run next weekend The HM is exactly six weeks from today:D

3 miles
34:39 (11:33/mile)


Just realized I've already run 100 miles this year (102.77, actually!). I am a little ahead schedule for my goal of running 400 miles this year, that's cool! Hope I keep it up!

PS--By the time I'm posting this, Javamom will have completed her first HM! Go send her a cyber high five!

9 commentaires:

Neese a dit…

You are a trooper! What a great pace too! I hear you about javamom i've been on the edge of my seat ALL day!!

Anne a dit…

Yeah, even when the roads are clear those sidewalks can be treacherous if not uncovered. You probably did the right thing by cutting it short. It'll melt soon, along with more seconds off your PR :-)

MNFirefly a dit…

Stay warm and stay safe. Great run!

J~Mom a dit…

I seriously would not have run in that either. I don't know how you did three miles that fast!!

THANKS FOR THE HIGH FIVE!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

You are up soon and I will be cheering you all the way there!!!!

jeanne a dit…

100 miles! Think about that! Fantastic. and yay on your personal streak!

Wes a dit…

Dee Dee's plan was a little different than mine, but mine went: 10, 3, 11, 3, 12, 3, 13.5. So there's a cut back week every other week. If you are six weeks out still, then you are doing great!! I do highly recommend you getting in as close to 13 if not more before the race. It is such a psychological boost knowing you can make it and all you have then to worry about is time.

Amy a dit…

Wow! 100 miles already! You'll run circles around that 400 mile goal!

teacherwoman a dit…

Nice job on the run, despite the snow! Sounds like you will reach your 400 miles in NOOO time!

Dori a dit…

What a drag to go from 80 degrees to 7 inches of snow. Good for you for getting the miles in. It will give you the mental toughness you need for the 1/2 marathon.