2006/09/27

HH 5K Novice - Week 7 Day 2

2 miles today, my legs felt like lead for the second half of this run.

Interesting that I am now thinking of 2 miles as an "easy" run, though:-) And it seems my pace is getting a little faster! I was definitely ready to be done when I hit my destination, though. I am NOT one of these "I could have kept going" runners.

At least not yet:-)

2.05 miles
23:18 (11:21/mile)

6 commentaires:

J~Mom a dit…

Ugh, I hate those days when your legs feel like lead. WTG getting the two miles in!

Wes a dit…

Alot of times, for me, its the other way around. My legs feel like lead when I start, but they feel pretty good by the time I get going, and I finish strong. My "every day" run is now three miles. That is what I feel comfortable with. Your two miles sounds like the same deal. A friend told me someday, it will be 4, 5, and 6 miles. Keep up the great work!

Marathon Maritza a dit…

Great job! Sometimes, "lead legs" are an indication that you need a little something more (food/hydration) right before your run. What are you eating currently? I like a sports gel (Gu's Vanilla Bean is yummy) 15 min before I start and I'm great....try it out!

You're doing awesome though!

MNFirefly a dit…

Hang in there. Get some good stretching in there. Try the epson salt bath, which will help a lot.

Lora a dit…

I used to get lead legs until I started drinking Accelerade 10 minutes before my run. Try this or something.

Keep up the great work with your running!

Meg a dit…

I am so impressed with your approach here. You're doing great!