2006/09/23

HH 5K Novice - Week 6 Day 3

YES!!!!!!!!

3.08 miles
36:10 (11:44/mile)

Still humid (%age in the 90's), temp was good about 65-70 degrees.

The HH plan called for 2.75 miles today, but I was curious to see if I could do 3 with no walking.

And I DID! I can't believe I made it 3 miles! I jogged a mile to our local HS track, jogged a mile there--what a difference a cushy track is to a hard road!--and jogged the mile back home. About 30 men from the Army were at the track, either getting ready to do something jogging-related or just finishing up. I had to jog past them 4 x (going around the track) and frankly, it was a good motivation to keep my head up--I didn't want to look like a wimp in front of those guys! :-)

Started losing steam at about 2.75 miles but I saw the traffic light I was headed for, held my head up, slowed down a little and trudged on.

And oh yeah, I broke 12 min on my pace. YES!

I want to run a 5K on 8 October, 2 weeks from tomorrow. It's the Newport-Liberty Waterfront Run, by the Statue of Liberty and Manhattan, woo hoo! The only setback is I'd have to high tail it out of there to make it to Sunday School (I'm a HS Sunday School co-leader). I think the kids (and God) would understand me being a little late (and smelly), don't you?

4 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

That's fantastic! Congratulations on both your pace and your distance. And yes, God will forgive you for stinkin ;-) Can't wait to hear about this new 5K.

Mrs. Snark a dit…

GREAT JOB! Look how you really pushed yourself! That's so cool! I always use other people (and even cars) as motivation when I'm running. I always want them to think I'm a strong runner. Strangely, you do that enough times and you realize you ARE a strong runner!

Yay, you've picked your second 5k, how exciting! You're going to do great, and yes, everyone will understand if you're just a bit late!

Taunya a dit…

Great job. You are really progessing quickly!

Neese a dit…

yippeeee!!! that is SO cool! i'm so proud of you for giving the 3 miles a shot. and you did it!! awesome pace too, you are hooked now :) God loves you even if you are late and stanko.

;)