2006/09/05

HH 5K Novice - Week 3, Day 1

First day back to school...meetings and stuff, kids come tomorrow. I got out on the road by 5:55, it was still a little dark, the crickets were chirping, it was neat...

How is it that I can slow down my jog to enable myself to walk LESS, and still have a slower pace...I WALKED LESS, grrr. I guess the 'slow down' cancelled out the 'walk less.' Oh well. I still feel better about today's workout. I did 2 miles at run 5 min/walk 1 min (ok, except for one tiny walk 2 minute stretch in the penultimate set.

The humidity being 93%, despite the cool temps (58F!!!), maybe made me a little more tired? I thought the cool would overpower the humid, like in Rock, Paper, Scissors, where the paper overpowers the rock (wait, or does it overpower the scissors...no scissors cuts paper, I think...oh well, I never figured out that game, bad analogy...). But cool didn't beat humid. Humid tried to beat me!

Here are the stats:
2.02 miles
25:13 (12:29/mile)

Off to school!

4 commentaires:

LBTEPA a dit…

walk less= better endurance = faster soon = :)
93% humidity!! Ack!
Try and dwell on your achievements, not on the pace. Have you read any John (the Penguin)Bingham? His book the courage to start really changed my perspective - some days it's about being faster, some days it's about running further and some days it's about getting out the door.
cheers and keep at it :)

boatgirl a dit…

Keep it up chick. You're doing well. Have a good day at school.

MNFirefly a dit…

Awesome running this morning. Way to go!

Mrs. Snark a dit…

The humidity is ROUGH! It really is a killer. Good job getting out there, you're doing great! Hope the school year kicks of nicely for you!