2006/06/27

Couch to 5 k: Week 3 - Day 1

Another morning workout, on the track by 6:20. This was the day I was fearing a little...jogging all the way around the track. But I made it!

Here's the C25K workout this week, Week 3:

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
  • Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
  • Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
  • Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)
The "jog 400 yards" is what had me nervous. But this girl who couldn't even jog 60 seconds without sucking wind two weeks ago made it all the way around the track.

Next week scares me, though. But hey, this week scared me, too, till I got to it then tried it. I actually approached the jogging sections with anticipation--could have been the tunes in the MP3 player spurring me on (I think I actually said "Boom boom boom, way-o" once, out of sheer joy of being able to jog around the track. Hopefully no one was around me--actually, I don't care if anyone was!).

Here are the stats:
C25K W3D1
2 miles
28:00:30 (14:00:15/mile)

4 commentaires:

boatgirl a dit…

You are doing great, and I know exactly where you all. Keep up the great work.

boatgirl a dit…

You are doing great and I know exactly where you are. Keep up the good work. I'm running (run/walking) my first 5K next week.

Anonyme a dit…

Great job gettin up again! I run in the evenings because I don't have the willpower to get up early. Week 4 wasn't much harder than week 3, so I know you can do it!

Mrs. Snark a dit…

I don't think you need to be afraid of next week Miss Boom Boom! You're going to kick butt!