
My Relay 2009 Page
Tough end of the school year (nutty stress @ work, numerous end-of-year ceremonies for my kiddos and my students alike, lawyer and doc visits with my dad, etc., etc., excuses, excuses) and it rained here in NJ for like WEEKS with nary a day of sun. So I haven't gotten out much since last I wrote, maybe once after that.
BUT...I had committed to walking a HM for Relay for Life. Out of shape (out of my mind?), and I did it. Took about 5.5 hrs, lol, from about midnight to about 5:30 with a few 10-min breaks in there. I was hurting, but I was a woman on a mission. Our team got to hang the medals around the survivors before they began their Survivor Lap, it was so profound--I walked that lap with BOTH my parents two short years ago. Now one has passed away, and one has "beaten cancer" but is now in an assisted living due to dimentia essentially caused by the anasthesia. So wild what a few years can bring. But so many survivors at Relay that there was such optimism.
SO here are the stats: 13 miles. 1 Starbucks vanilla skim latte. 1 Taylor Ham & cheese sandwich. $595 raised ($65K by the whole Relay in our town).



2 commentaires:
Great job!
After all this time, we get to see you :-) GREAT.JOB!!! You committed. You conquered. You honored.
Enregistrer un commentaire