2007/04/24

Penultimate Training Run

was cut short today by time constraints. Here's what I did in the beautiful, breezy 73 degree sun:

1.23 miles
14:01 (11:23/mile)

I was pushing the pace this run since I knew I'd only get a very short run in--yes, that is pushing the pace for me:-( I ran right to my 2 yr old's daycare, picked him up, and we walked home:-)

I am happy to say I didn't catch my 2 yr old's stomach virus (knock on wood), but I did catch a nasty head cold. Am hoping it stays in my head (and not down to chest) for just a few more days. Also tomorrow am giving a presentation for a paper I am *just* about to start writing now (big time procrastination on this one), after my presentation, I have a callback an hour away for a musical (yes, I have to SING!). Will be a late night tonight, busy day tomorrow with a lot of caffeine in between. I will drink water, too, though and try to get some rest on Thurs & Fri.

One more little run then HM!

7 commentaires:

Wes a dit…

Bad head cold! Go away!! GL with your paper and your singing :-) Am I more excited than you about your half mary? I don't think so!

Neese a dit…

I think I'm more excited than you and Wes put together! :))) lol, seriously though, I'm SUPER proud you, and honored to be able to read of your journey from wannabe5ker to half-marathon runner! best wishes for a glorious race day!

Faithful Soles a dit…

I concur with Neese. Your entire blog is very inspirational. I do a lot of motivational speaking, and I always tell people who are doing any race for the very first time, "No matter what your time is, enjoy it, because you are going to do a Personal Best!"

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. I know your blog would inspire many of our members.

MNFirefly a dit…

Oh no! Airborne and make it STAT.

J~Mom a dit…

I can't believe you are so close now!!! Seems like just yesterday we were signing up for these things!!!! Go away head cold!!!! Good luck with singing and the paper!

Anonyme a dit…

Mind over matter! Try and think the head cold away. I'm so excited for you!

Amy a dit…

Running to the daycare...that's awesome and I bet your the only Mom there that does it!

I'm super excited for you this weekend. You will rock it, I'm sure of that!!!!