Not the race I wanted to happen, this chip time was WITH walking most of miles 11 and 12. Tummy ache troubles, which I believe in hindsight was dehydration...I am a mixture of emotions, proud that I finished, grateful to my dh giving up the Sunday and minding the kids while I raced, then dealt with the after-effects of the HM. I don't know if I can do this again, but with all the problems in the last few miles and STILL flirting with 3 hours, well, maybe I just need to get my tummy better and my psyche better as well and wait a few days/weeks before I count myself out of this again in the future.
The highlights: People shouting "C'mon, Rutgers" to me because of my hat:-) Running with
Larry the Lighthouse from mile 8 to 9:-) Texting my dh each time I finished a mile:-) Raising my hands in victory at the finish:-)
The low points: 2 portopotty stops mid race:-( The tears in Mile 12:-( Hitting a full-marathoner who was zipping to the finish line with me as I raised aforementioned hands in victory:-(
Will post a RR soon. I finished it. Here's a pic heading to the finish, thanks to dh for fighting off my son to get this pic (the boy wanted to finish with me:-)):
12 commentaires:
aw, that's a great photo!!! and it's understandable the mix of emotions, I recall having that too. congratulations on a half marathon finish!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome photo from your first Half marathon! That one needs to be framed! Awesome job!!
Hoo freakin rah! You are a half marathoner! Who cares if it was pretty or not. You did it. You persevered. You succeeded. Way to go! Plenty of time for you to figure out what's next. Awesome. I remember when you were just Wannabe5Ker. Now, look at ya! Sweet, sweet, sweet!!!
Look at you, all smiling and proud with BOTH feet off the ground. NICE!
It sounds like for the most part you had an awesome experience and time. Drat on the tummy problems. The hydration thing can be tricky sometimes.
Looking forward to reading your full post.
I think it's time to change your blog name. Congratulations to you. You should be proud of yourself not only for finishing, but the amount of work you've put in to get to the finish.You are awesome.
Yeah!! You did it in grand style. I was thinking about you yesterday. So glad you finished and you look great.
You did it, you did it, you did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!! I know just what emotions you are talking about!! Man I felt them all during those hours!! What a ride, huh? I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!! You did it, you finished!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
What a great picture! Congratulations on joining the club. I bet you DO run another one, just not immediately. You've got the fever, I can tell.
Congrads!!! Awesome job!
fantastic!!! and what a terrific photo, you look so happy! yes, now you must change your name!
Congratulations, Wannabe! You finished, and that's what matters. You should be feeling very proud! That is a GREAT picture. Kudos to your husband, both for his photographic skills and for supporting you.
Excellent Job! I just finished one myself, but hope to at least walk/run the same one next year. This year I mostly just walked, but would run when I needed to get my muscles from being tense.
Enregistrer un commentaire