2006/06/22

Couch to 5 k: Week 2 - Day 2

Thursday, 22 June - Tried a morning run/walk today. P had doubts I would get up to do it (who gets up at 6 during summer vacation, right??) But I was running on the HS track by 6:25. Cut my warmup walk short (from the normal 5 to 3) due to time, I'll try not to do that again, but I wanted to get moving and get back home before baby woke up--and I did it!
There is a whole world of people out there at 6:25, who knew??

Felt ok, this run/walk was a little harder than Tuesday's, but I still made it all the way through. I really liked the quiet and cool of morning.

Re: distance, I noted that I get about 1/2 way or so around track in the 90 sec jogging phase and about 1/2 way around in the 2 min walking phase. So with warmup walk and 1/2 a lap of cooldown, I covered about 1.75 miles in about 25 min.

2 commentaires:

Brandi_B a dit…

You're doing great! I just got up to that much distance in week 4 (I'm doing the C25K based on time, but I like to map my route when I get home to see how far I went).

Anonyme a dit…

I just realized I was logged in through my family blog. This is my running blog if you're interested (click on the link to my name).